Monday, October 22, 2018

Many A Run Has Been Had

Many a run has been had since September.
Many a run, indeed.
But while we've been running, I've not been blogging!
A point to which I concede.

Russell and I have increased our run times.
We now do 10:1, 10:1, 5
We warm-up and cool down and focus on finishing
And gosh, do we feel alive!

And as for myself? I'm back with my group.
Though not as much as I should.
I'm keeping my fitness through simple, short runs
Up to 10k, which is good.

I'm enjoying the nice relaxed runs that I do
With no racing goals in my sight.
For now it's for fitness and fun and for social
And right now, this feels just right.

The Edmonton weather has thankfully warmed
No longer in winter are we.
We're enjoying a brief spout of autumn for now
We'll run til it's cold, then we'll see.

For winter is coming - oh curse that cold darkness!
I doubt I'll run this year through.
I've had enough frostbite in 2018, thanks!
And there's other fun things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment