Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Week in Review

It was another full week of running - no rest for the wicked! Or those training.
Tuesday we did the circuits where we went between 1-6min rep followed by 1min recovery. Again, we didn't know which length would come when. Unlike the last time we did this run, we did it over some small hills. Nothing big, but still...either I was going uphill or downhill. It was a challenge!
Total distance: 7.99km
Total time: 50.25min
Avg pace: 6.05min/km
Elevation: 117m

Thursday we ran along the hilly summit of Mt Coot-tha. Thankfully, no rain this week! I was also feeling pretty strong for this run. I may still have come in at the end, but I held my own.
Total distance: 7.42km
Total time: 51.18min
Avg pace: 6.41min/km
Elevation: 214m

Today I hit my 2nd 24k run of the season. Phew! The only nice thing is the knowledge that each time I run a distance it gets easier. And WOW, did I bring it today! I felt fabulous - well, as fabulous as anyone can feel over that distance. Sure, my legs started aching with 6k to go, but I still managed to finish strong. And the best part? I got to keep up with my fast running buddies rather than falling behind them as I always seem to do. It was so great to have them push me along at a challenging pace rather than watch forlornly as they charge on ahead.
Total distance: 23.9km
Total time: 2.29.09min
Avg pace: 6.14min/km

No comments:

Post a Comment