Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Counting Down...

By the rumble in my tummy, I know I'm back in training. I'm always famished during the day when I'm running!
Today we did 500m reps at our 1k time, allowing a 30sec rest in between sets. Sounds complicated? I'll break it down.
My 1k rep at this stage is likely 5.30-6.00min pace (sob!) which means I could run 1k in 5 1/2 to 6min. So, I had to run at that pace for 500m up the track. At whatever time I got to the end, I would have until the timer hit 3min30sec to recover. So if I ran up the track in 2min30sec, I had a 60sec recovery, and so forth.
My initial speed wasn't the issue, but my overall strength & endurance was. I managed to make every lap around the 5.45 pace mark, but it was more of a struggle than I'd like to admit!
Still, it was a good feeling to have hunger gnawing at my stomach throughout the day, reminding me that I was a good girl who exercised. Less than 7 weeks to go until Whitsundays!!! The countdown is ON!

Total time: 42.32min
Total distance: 7.30km
Avg pace (including warm-up/cool down): 5.49min/km

No comments:

Post a Comment