Friday, August 3, 2012

Foot Jinx

Before Gold Coast a blister was something other people got. If I had blisters, they were unpainful and unobtrusive...settled on the side of my toe without a further thought or bother.
But at Gold Coast I made the error of tying a shoe too tight and (not wanting to stop and fix it) ended up with a massive blister of red hot fire on my right foot. And weeks later, after that blister has fully healed and peachy-keen, yet another blister pops up! And ouch, it is bothersome. Interestingly, it is in the same spot as the Gold Coast blister - though only about 1/5 the size. Hmmm. Have I developed a weak spot in my foot for blisters? Have I jinxed my 4-year reign of blister-free bliss?
In any case, as we ran down to the bottom of the "mountain" and slogged our way back to the top, it was yet another thing to grumble about. My main concern was that my friend of a similar speed was not at this session, so I fell in dead last position right away. And as the road twisted and turned, I lost sight of my fellow runners altogether. Sigh. I am so tired of being dead last in running.
Some people have encouraged me that I'm really not that slow. Well, you train for 5-6 hours a week  and tell me how it feels when your 10k personal best remains a race you ran 3 years ago!!! You'd think some improvement would be in order. But it feels that for every gain in running I make, there is some event that sets me two steps back. I think I've averaged out my running pace from slow to slow.

Distance: 6.66km
Time: 50.24min
Elevation gain: 214m
Avg pace: 7.34min/km

No comments:

Post a Comment