Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Down From the High

1k sprints this morning. I could feel the lingering bruises from my nose dive on Sunday's run (hello, hip!), but everything was in working order. At first I thought I could use it as an excuse to ease back on my pace, but it was evident during the warm-up that I wasn't really that injured.
There's not much exciting I can say about today. But hey, after such an action packed weekend I think it's time things settled down for me.
We were meant to start off 5sec slower than our 5k race pace and get progressively faster.
My set times as per my coach were 4.53 / 4.48 / 4.43 / 4.38.
My actual split times were as follows: 4.48 / 4.41 / 4.37 /4.50.
Yes, I admit I rather gave up in the last rep. I should've pushed it out...I could've pushed it out. But in my mind I was finished and my legs followed my mind. And looking at it, if you tweak the order of the reps just a little you can see that I really followed the program quite closely.
I'm still trying to focus on my form which I'm hoping is getting less disastrous with every run. I received a few kind comments from my coach along the lines of, "do you remember what I said last time about your arms?" so I guess most of my improvement was in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment