Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fantasy World

This morning I felt it was time to do another 5k time trial to see how I'm gearing up for the relay in T-6 days.
I matched relay conditions as close as I could:
-I ate nothing but junk food yesterday (I couldn't help it! Between a farewell morning tea, pizza courtesy of a friend, & a games night featuring lots of desserts, I was fighting a losing battle)
-I started the run with sore legs from working out last night
-I ran later in the morning so it would be warmer

It may not have been a deliberate set-up for relay conditions, but it is what I expect will be happening next week, so take advantage! With the exception of heaps less sleep and heaps hotter weather. But it's the general idea.
A-Goal: sub-26min
B-Goal: sub-27min

Actual time: 27.08.

In the 2 weeks since my last time trial I have barely knocked 95 seconds off my time. For the mathematicians, that's 19sec/km. Considering that last time I held myself back for the first 2.5k & maintained an easier pace, it really isn't much improvement at all.
I guess I can say that my legs weren't shattered as much as they were at the end of the last time trial and that my ankle held up fine. But in the end, I was really disappointed. I had hoped to come so far so fast in building my fitness back up, but now I wonder if I was being realistic with my goals, or if I was living in a fantasy world. If only my dreams could match reality! In my mind, I am such a fast runner...
And also in my dream world, rainbow-powered electricity saves us all from the effects of global warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment