Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Social Fun

Social running is something I can never get enough of! In a world where catching up with friends revolves around food (coffee, snacks, dinner, etc.), it is so refreshing to simply catch up while going for an easy run.
I was really excited when one of my running friends suggested we go out for a run together before I leave. As we live in the same area, it was easy to pick a meet-up point and go for a run along the river.
This is my friend who has challenged me all year. We are about the same pace - some days she would be faster, and some days I would lead the charge. Together, we became lean, mean, running machines.
Sadly, the end of the year resulted in a small fizzle out for both of us. But at the end of the day it wasn't about anyone being stronger or fitter or faster. It was just about going for a run with a friend.
Our lofty aspirations to run such distances as 6 or 7k was quickly diminished when we mutually decided that we were too unfit to enjoy such a distance. So - with no pressure to push ourselves - we kept it to a gentle 5k.

Total distance: 5k
Total time: 29.33min

I'm happy to say that at this speed I am once again able to talk, rather than sucking in air like a fish on land.

No comments:

Post a Comment