Monday, March 30, 2015

Potential

Ahhh! Spring is in the air. The weather is warming up and the snow has melted. That can only mean a new running season has started!
Technically, it should have started in February as it usually does for me. But snow + cold + running is not an equation I can easily master in winter.
But the start of a new season also means...new shoes! There's something about new running shoes that feel like potential. They are fresh and ready to hit the pavement...ready to fly as fast and as far as I dare take them. It's a nice feeling. Getting new running shoes always fills me with hope.

Yes, they really are this outlandishly amazing.

Yep, after dusting off a nice easy 6k (but when did 6k start feeling like a challenge?!), I bought myself some new running shoes for the year. It's time to retire my old ones into faithful walking shoes. They've done me a great service in 2014. But now it's time to look forward to the new season.
And with those shoes I had the chance to sign up (for free) to the Half Marathon clinic starting in July.
I have no half marathons in my sights for this year, but you never know! I might just find one that suits my fancy. And even if not, there's something so joyful about accomplishing those long Sunday runs. As hard as they are, as long as they are...I miss them.
This season is filled with potential and possibilities. And the best part is, it's only just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment