Friday, July 10, 2015

The Witching Hour

Weather is no excuse not to come, Run Club told me on my first day. We'll still run...besides, there's an uncanny truth about running in Eau Claire from 6-7pm. It doesn't rain.

Well, the other day when I dragged my reluctant butt out to Run Club it was raining. And boy, was I ever squawking about that rain!

This pretty much sums up my feelings of running in the rain

"Liars!" I cried out to anyone who would listen (and even those who were blatantly trying not to. "They promised us it wouldn't rain. And look at it. Look. At. It."

But then something funny happened...just as we shuffled outside, the rain let up. Instead of a downpour of icy water, it was a cooling mist tickling our skin. Hmm, not too bad. Not too bad at all.

Apparently, our Run Club leaders are right. There is some sort of Witching Hour over Eau Claire between 6-7pm when the rain clears up. No complaints from me! And I guess that means...no more excuses about weather, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment