Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Color Me Rad

A year and a half ago an ankle injury sidelined me from my first - and thus far only - race. I was doing "The Color Run" with a friend when a few weeks ahead of time I fell off a tire and rolled my ankle (read the linked blog entry to better understand it if you wish). It was a hard decision. By the time my race came along I had just started walking without crutches. Yet despite this improvement, I felt that doing a 5k - plus the driving and walking to/from the event - would be an unwise decision. Well, and the fact that I had a hiking trip plus the big 500k relay coming up also helped motivate me to Choose Wisely.

So, nearly two years later I finally got my wish of running in "Color Me Rad". It's exactly like the Color Run, but with a different name.

Russ and I got there super early, which was good since it was so crowded. We made it in time for our "wave" and set off through the path. It was scorching hot.

Since my goal was more about getting Russ as colourful as possible, I wasn't too worried about the time. We ran a bit, walked a bit...ran a bit more and walked a bit more. I'm not sure if it quite measured 5k, but the important thing is that we ended up looking like this...


...And had heaps of fun along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment