Friday, January 13, 2017

-48C

Another day, another cycle. To assist me in getting a good workout I wore two pairs of bike shorts and regular exercise shorts over top (for vanity…have you seen what bike shorts look like?) I felt like I was walking around on a saddle, but at least my poor bottom wasn’t nearly as sore during and after the spin class.
I should mention that wind chill is making this week hit temperatures of -48C. 48 DEGREES BELOW ZERO. The kind of day where the tears froze in my eyes as I walked the dog around the block and I refused to pick up the mail in case my fumbling with the mailbox key resulted in me losing my fingers to frostbite. All I wanted to do was curl up inside with a blanket and a mug of hot chocolate. It hasn’t exactly been a motivating week to trudge out to exercise. Yet there I am, as keen as keeners can be.  But not keen enough to risk an outdoor run just yet.

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe how frigid Fort Mc can be. Now I know the other reason the locals call it Fort Mc Strong. Only the strong can live up north!

    ReplyDelete