Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Following the Leader

The weather: -7C (no wind chill)
The layers: 3 on bottom, 3 warm layers on top, fleecy buff, neck buff, gloves
Comments on layers: I felt warm to start. In the last km I noticed I was starting to cool down as my sweat froze. It was easy to de-layer if I needed to and I did take off my gloves partway through, though didn’t de-layer any further than that.

A nice comfortable distance of 7k. We had a nice small group of 7, and all of us ran at a similar easy pace. I really should start wearing a heart rate monitor! I’m curious if I can make this training work into my heart rate zones. My knee ached very mildly towards the end, but nothing to really comment on.
The one thing I was kicking myself for towards the end was that I had been planning to focus on the route so I could draw a mental map of the St Albert region in my mind. This would help me learn how to plan out my own routes and know where I’m going on these long runs…but I got caught up in conversation as I “followed the leader” and forgot to pay attention. Oh, well! There’s always next week…

No comments:

Post a Comment