Thursday, October 27, 2011

Running Mould

Double run #2!
I meant to go out earlier this week but between laziness and a killer sore back, that plan got pushed back. Today I did the botanical garden loop in the morning and Kershaw garden loop in the afternoon. Lots of gardens! Yay!
Sadly, I forgot yet again my music. I hadn't charged my ipod yet. I'm forgetting what it's like to run with music! I wonder if it will make a difference...

Botanical Garden Loop
Distance: 4.61k (I cut it short...lazy!)
Total time: 26.51
Avg pace: 5.50
Elevation: 80m
This run was on my own, bu surrounded by plenty of other early morning walkers & runners. Well, when I say 'early morning' I mean 6am. So not super early morning! But it was nice to see so many others up and about. And boy, it sure was warm at that time!

Kershaw Garden Loop
Distance: 5.05km
Time: 27.40min
Avg pace: 5.29
Elevation: 19m
This run was with the Rocky Road Runners. And yay that I found a girl who ran my pace! We kept up with one another the first km before I started talking with her, as I wasn't sure how our paces would match.
Once again, the fast runners were too fast and the slow runners too slow. But the pace was good. I was happy with the starting pace - 5.09 (a bit faster than my 8k race pace). I slowed down a bit near the end but this made it easier to talk. The gal I ran with was a delight and we had a lovely time. She was slightly faster than me which is what I love, as it pushed me that little bit harder than I might have gone. And the coolest part? She is 12! Her whole family runs, including her 6 year old brother (who, for a 5k loop, must have finished it in under 40min). I'm impressed. I hated running with a passion until the age of 23. I started as a necessity and it slowly grew on me like mould on cheese.
I guess you could say I am now absolutely covered in running mould!

No comments:

Post a Comment