Sunday, February 12, 2012

GFRS Training Camp: Friday

GFRS Training Camp: completed! 3 days, 4 runs, and over 33km logged. Not bad for being so unfit! As with the 500k relay, I've divided this up into days, as otherwise the blog length would be ridiculously long.
Friday: drove 7 hours to Noosa. Ugh! Construction gave me such a headache (and a 1 hour delay). I got there exhausted, had a short time to myself until 4.30pm and then started Run #1: Beach Run.
Steve Moneghetti was supposed to coach this session, but was unable to make it. So Chris Gale coached us instead. My first ever (official) beach run! We ran to the end of the beach, climbed the cliffs into Noosa National Park (via stairs - not real climbing!) and then headed back.

Total distance: 4.62km++

I can't give you any authentic further details because - as I discovered the next morning - Smart Watches don't always work smartly. In this case, I had mine set to 'autostop'. This is when the watch stops automatically when you are not moving. Great when in the city at traffic lights and street corners. Not so great for climbing stairs when you are not going enough horizontal distance for the watch to register you as moving. And so it pauses everything. Sigh! If only I'd thought of that earlier.
Let's just say the run took about 35min, and was about 5k long. With lots of stairs.
And boy, beach running! I felt muscles I'd never felt before. It made for fantastic conditioning. There may be something to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment