Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How do you spell relief?

...TAPER!!!
It's a good thing I'm starting recovery because my legs are spent! After Saturday's session, I had trouble straightening my left hamstring (this may have come across in the poem). Which meant that Sunday I had a shortened stride that really threw me off.
Fortunately, it is slowly recovering. Unfortunately, not in time for this morning's speed session of 1k reps. I decided to take it easy...and then easier still! I likely could have gone a bit harder, but no sense pushing my hammy past the point of recovery. Not with less than two weeks to the race!
So I did slow reps (~5.45min/km pace) and lots of stretching in between.
I've also spent a bit of time poking around the race site. Yikes!!! I swear it looks harder every time I blink.
It was really fun to just go out and enjoy running with others, rather than trying to push myself to my limit.
I think I'm almost going to miss this "marathon" training. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment