Saturday, September 1, 2012

Indecision

I couldn't decide what distance to run today. I knew I would run between 12-24k, but that's a rather large gap! Even as we started the run, I really didn't know how far I would run.
Rationale for running 24k: 1) it's in my program, 2) this is the second last big training weekend before the Whitsunday race, 3) tomorrow's race is just a fun run, and is only 10k
Rationale for running less than 24k: 1) I have a 10k race tomorrow, 2) I have a nasty painful blister on my foot which I've nicknamed "the angry blister"...it used to be 4 blisters overlying one another but they've since united into one. 3) I've been really tired the past week and could use a day off.
Laziness won out! I was willing to go 16k, might have even gone 20k...but I didn't want to end up limping all day as I did on Thursday. I guess in the end the mental battle won out before my feet even hit the ground. For me to run over 16k, I need to psyche myself up for it.
So when a friend turned around just after 7k, so did I. We had a lovely chat on the way back and kept the pace nice and easy. (Okay, I kept it nice and easy and had to keep reminding my friend to pull it back).

Total distance: 14.41km
Total time: 1.26.11
Average pace: 5.59min/km

Aaaah, what a great rest day!

No comments:

Post a Comment