Sunday, February 3, 2013

Easy Trails

Back on the trails, today! I love trails. The group I run with has grown considerably since I started with them last October. I hope that means there are more runners at my speed.
Having been frequently left behind last year (with the exception of my friend Barry who would always wait for me and make sure I was okay), I had the feeling that two months of not running would not have magically improved my speed or fitness.
I nervously opted this first run to go with a group of ladies more keen on the 5-6k loop as opposed to the 10-12k loop. We set off at a relaxed pace and quickly fell behind the main crowd.
The day was surprisingly cool and we enjoyed a nice easy walk/run. It helped me to regain my confidence and I think next fortnight I'll be ready to run with the main group. As much I loved not being the one lagging behind for once, I missed the sense of accomplishment that comes from a challenging trail run. Besides which, I need to get in better hiking form for my massive Grand Canyon trip coming up in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment