Sunday, March 17, 2013

5k Accomplishments

Another great day for the New Farm Park Run! 5k of awesomeness.
Yesterday's awesomeness was extended by the chance to run with a friend as she completed her first 5k!!!
There is something so joyful about running with friends who achieve their goals. It makes me appreciate why some people go into personal training. Last year I had the chance to run with my parents on their first 5k race at the Jetty2Jetty. But seeing as how they live in Canada and I live in Australia, training together wasn't really going to happen.
So it is doubly rewarding to encourage a friend through her training for and racing of a 5k. And in complete and utter immodesty, I'd like to think that I helped her - and my parents - go just a little bit harder than they might have otherwise done.
We had a great time on the New Farm 5k course and I was so proud of my friend's strong finish. Even when things got tough she barrelled her way through. Well done, grasshopper. Well done.

Finishing 5k with both style and a smile at New Farm Park Run.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Anonymous :) And thanks Laura for your training and encouragement (and for holding my water bottle!)

    ReplyDelete