Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Up, Down, Repeat

I love hills. Say what you will, but I LOVE hills. Last week we had 6 repeats. It was the same hill that we had done before, and this time I even bothered to measure it...320m of twisting, winding, changing slopes.
I decided not to make the same mistake as last time by starting out too fast. My goal was simple: do the first hill relatively "easy" and then keep the same pace or get faster afterwards.
Rep 1: 2:20 (which is much slower than my last hill session when I tried to keep everything under 2:00min...)
Rep 2: 2:15
Rep 3: 2:05
Rep 4: 2:10
Rep 5: 2:15
Rep 6: 2:12

I'm happy to say that my first hill was the slowest, so I know if I go again I can push that little bit harder.

One thing I love about hills is the camaraderie. Because you're only ever 320m away from the first person or the last person, and with 6 repeats that's 6x you get to cheer on your fellow runners.
Six of us started out, but a couple of gals left a bit early so the rest of us keeners stayed to the end...exhausted, but satisfied.

All smiles after hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment