Tuesday, July 25, 2017

An "Honest" 10k

The distance: 10+ km, or “an honest 10k” as other people called it. The actual distance I ran was 10.8km.

There were only 4 of us in the group. Initially I ran with the two guys in the front, because they were talking about heart-rate training and I was intrigued to hear more. Every time we hit our walking break, we walked back to reconnect with the other gal in our group who preferred to run a bit slower. But after a few kms, my guilt over letting a runner run alone out-weighed my interest in the conversation. After all, that was not how I had been “raised” in the running community. So on one of our walk-backs, I stuck with her. We had a lovely time, chattering away and the kms went by quickly.

My calf/hamstring muscles were appreciably less tight than they were on Thursday (score one for yoga!), but still quite tight, so I didn’t mind the slower pace.

I did considering adding an extra 200m onto my run to make it an even 11km, but decided I didn’t really need to. I’m very happy with the distance I ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment