Monday, August 13, 2018

Trial Run

16k "race pace". This was - in my opinion - the last run scheduled that really matters. I treated it like a race morning, including what time I got up, what I ate, what I brought with me, etc.

Here we go!

I still haven't solidified my race plan yet, so I wanted to try something other than 10:1 for the race pace trial. I ended up doing a 100m walk after every 2k. Too lazy to drive elsewhere to do it, I wound the way around my neighbourhood. The goal: 6.10-6.15 pace for the km that was purely running, and a 6.30-6.35 pace for the km where I had 100m walk tacked into it. It was nice and easy, which was good! I found myself constantly running a bit too fast, and I had to temper myself on the km where I walked not to catch up too quickly to my 6.35 pace. (My goal was to get there by the 800m mark, but consistently I was there by the 300-500m mark, meaning I was going a bit too fast).

In the end, I felt that keeping this pace was quite attainable. Certainly for 16k, and it should be easy enough to maintain for 21k as well. As for 42k? … I'll know shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment