Thursday, January 17, 2013

Baseline time

Today it was time for me to hit some hills. Nothing strenuous or tough - my goal was to map out a route near my house that would be 5k. It ended up being just under the distance, but with a bit of tweaking for next time I'll be able to get it a little closer.
Although there were no super steep or super long hills, there was nothing flat about it.
I can't say I ran it fast. I can't say I ran it well. But I can say I ran it. With an aching back (still tight from the long air plane ride back to Brisbane) and some stiff hamstrings, my motivation to self-challenge was at a minimum. I settled for running a "baseline time" of the year which hopefully will improve in future weeks. And hey, kudos to me because this is the first training run I've opted to do on my own since...well, since a long, long time!

Total distance: 4.85km
Total time: 33.58min
Average pace: 7.00min/km


2 comments:

  1. Time doesn't matter - attitude does. And your attitude is that of a runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Char! You're always an encouragement for those of us struggling at the back of the pack. :)

    ReplyDelete