Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Construction

I was stiff and sore from getting my body back into the routine of lifting weights and running sprints. But when my friend asked me if I would run with her this morning, my immediate answer was of course!
We set out on our traditional 4k. Another time I might have pushed it a bit farther, but another time I wouldn't have had a job interview in the morning.
The breeze was cool and the day lovely for running. We chatted as we jogged along, and slowly my stiff muscles started easing up. 100m shy of our target distance, we were cut off! For construction purposes, the lovely bike/pedestrian trail had become a gated "bike only" trail, with us lowly pedestrians relegated to the narrow, dingy sidewalk squished beside a busy street.
The pathway was wide open and no one manned the gate to turn us away. It was too tempting! I don't know who talked whom into what, but next thing you know we were jogging down the "bikes only" section of the sidewalk. Well, my friend was jogging. I think I was just slinking.
Some friendly construction workers stopped us and pointed out our "error". Because the trail had only recently closed, they suggested it wouldn't be a problem if we continued on through but please remember to take the other path next time.
We jogged back home, finishing strong at the very end. Because that's the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment