Saturday, April 25, 2015

Country Jaunt

Last weekend I had a run out in the country. It was a nice change-up.
I was a little nervous at the start, because I remember the last time I ran in a rural area, I got chased by a lot of territorial dogs that owners let roam free. I love dogs. I just don't love territorial, uncontrolled dogs who may or may not decide to bite me.
My other concern was for moose. I knew moose were in the area (I'd seen a calf the day before), and I really didn't have any desire to get up close and personal with any during my run.
And then there was the "don't get lost" factor of running in a new area.

So I kept it boring. Straight down one road for 4k and then straight back. It was icy cold, but manageable.
No dogs, which was great. I did startle a herd of deer crossing the road. Deer are fine. Deer are not moose!
I ran past horses and across a train track. Wouldn't it be funny, I thought, if a train came by and trap me on the wrong side? As it turns out, one did come along! But I had just squeaked onto the homeward side of the tracks so it was all good.

Total distance: 8k
Total time: irrelevant

No comments:

Post a Comment