Sunday, April 26, 2015

Done & Dusted

When my friend texted me this afternoon to ask me to go for a 12k run, I considered my options. I was tired and had been planning to stay inside out of the freezing wind. Maybe catch the hockey game.
So of course I quickly texted back with a suggested time we meet. What else does one do on a Saturday evening after all? Sure, Flames are in the playoffs. But hockey schmockey...this is running. With one of the coolest gals I know. How could I resist?

It was one of the easiest runs I've done in a long time, even though distance-wise I think this is the longest run I've done this year. But running with a good friend does that. There is so much to talk about and before you know it you've gone the 12k and 1hr 16min has passed and you really can't believe you were running so fast (that time includes our 3 x 1min walking breaks) and never felt fatigued.

My benchmark for fitness can be measured by 2 different things:
1. When I run consistent (aka 3+) 1k repeats under 4.50min
2. When 12k feels easy

I guess I've reached that latter benchmark this year! With time, I feel confident I'll reach the former again as well.

But for now, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the evening on my runner's high. And look at that...I have time to watch that hockey game and be a proper Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment