Monday, May 18, 2015

Dry Run

I like cake. And cookies. And lots of other goodies! Why yes, I will have my cake and eat it too, thank you.

It's a bit the same with exercise.

So when I was tossing up between a run and a hike, I thought, why not both?
I thought about joining the group, but the later start time (8.30am) plus the knowledge that they were doing a long slow run energized me to go earlier on my own. Plus, I really haven't done much training for my 10k and I thought a "dry run" (heh heh heh) wouldn't be a bad idea. I didn't run the course...I just wanted to run a 10k steady run and see what pace I could keep. Nothing kicks me out the door faster than the knowledge of an impending race I haven't trained for!

Instead of a 10k, I ended up doing a 60min run, which amounted to just over 10.5k. Super happy I can still do 10k in sub-60! (I think I did it in around 56.45min).

On to the hike! It was a gorgeous day and I was looking forward to getting out to the mountains...

Happy May Long Weekend, Canada! The day that every Canadian breathes a sigh of relief that winter is over *ahem*.

Whoops! Clearly not the hiking conditions I was hoping for. Well, you can't win them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment