Thursday, June 4, 2015

Run, Brizzy, Run!

It was time to take the newest member of my family for a run. He is a little bundle of energy, and if this didn’t tire him out, nothing would!
So off we pranced to the off-leash area near my parents’ house (conveniently very empty of dogs most of the day!).

Off came the leash, and off I ran. For the first 100m he was all puppy joy: biting at my shoelaces, jumping on the back of my legs. Eventually he settled down and became quite a good little running companion. I think he quickly realized that conserving energy would be the smart move. Balancing out the “I don’t want to overdo it for him” versus “I’m having a great time! I could keep going!”, I ran as follows:
15min + walk break
10min + walk break
5 min + walk break

Grand total time: 30 minutes
Energy level of puppy: depleted

Mission accomplished! He may never be a marathoner, but maybe there are some 5ks in our future together.


All set and ready to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment