Wednesday, June 10, 2015

They Say He's Not a Runner!

The other day I took my puppy and my friend on a run. Being a beginner to running (training for his first 5k! I remember those days!), we negotiated a 3k run with 2.5min run to a 1min walk.
This would be Brizzy's first on-leash run, so I wasn't sure how we would actually go. But as it turns out, both did wonderfully well. Okay, there was a bit of dancing around and a few disgruntled yelps (from the dog, not my friend), but we made it through really well. Both were great troopers, and it happily exhausted my rambunctious puppy. I may need to start taking him for regular runs. Keep us both fit and happy! My puppy is not exactly a "running" breed, and I know my friend would never call himself a runner, but 3k is pretty respectable. I guess perceptions can be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment