Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Awesomeness!


I started this blog as a way of updating friends and family on my running ventures and misadventures. Then a friend pointed me out to the stats page and I found I have international readership (outside of Canada, Australia, and the U.S.A. where said friends & family reside). Awesome! I don't know if it was by Internet navigation error or not, but you all rock!

To deflate my ego, I guess it's time to talk about today's sprint session. This consisted of the following:
200m rep/recovery
400m rep/recovery

Total distance: 7.79km (including warm up and cool down)
Total time: 49.21
Avg pace: 6.22min/km

My average pace in the sprints varied between 4.59-5.37. I had one fantastic 4.30 on my last 200m rep where I tricked my brain by focusing on moving my arms rather than my legs. It is an old trick, but I always seem to forget it when I'm actually running. How frustrating! If only there was a way to remember to apply all the smart running tricks I learn in my actual training.

The recoveries were meant to be at 60-70% effort but by the end of the first 400m rep I was maxed out and had to walk a bit during recoveries.
Finally, I know this is slow (still). I can see all this fitness I've lost and the road to recover it just keeps stretching out before me. But then I see how far I've come since the beginning of the season.
FYI, the photo above is one of me from Sunday's run with bicycles. I always love running by the rowers. Unbeknownst to them, I sometimes try to race them. But only when they're resting. And even then I'll keep these races short - just so I can win. Well, I almost always win.
I'm being encouraged to include more photos and whatnot in my blog, so here is my attempt to do so. It's kinda hard to take photos of me training, as usually it is dark and I'm too exhausted/focussed to carry a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment