Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Slightly Depressing Time Trials

Today we had the dreaded ‘time trials’. I’m not sure if you are supposed to run time trials at a specific pace. I decided to run my heart out and see what said pace was, rather than trying to pre-determine it. The trials went 3k run, 500m recovery, 2k run, 500m recovery, 1k run, 500m recovery. Actually, the final 1k run was only for those fast people. I only had to do a time trial of 3k + 2k, which was nice. With a 1k warm up and a 1k cool down run, this added on some much needed distance to the morning.

Total distance: 8.27km
Total time: 49.43min
Elevation: 23m
Avg pace: 6.01min/km (including warm up, cool down, and recoveries)

My average pace was as follows:
1k: 5.34
2k: 5.10
3k: 5.33
500m recovery
1k: 5.42
2k: 5.26
500m recovery

Kinda depressing, actually. A 5.30 pace would be a dream half-marathon pace for me. And yet right now that is more of my 5k pace! Siiiiiigh.
On the plus side, when I rode to work this morning – and on the way home – I passed every single runner on the track. Mwa hahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment