Friday, September 25, 2015

Divine Intervention (of the Sisterly Sort)

I'm going to go for a run today. I told myself. Right after work. Boom! Done.

I sat down on the couch.

I'm going to go for a run...after I eat...and digest...

A short time later...

I'm going to go for a run. By 6.30pm I will definitely be on my way out the door. Or if not then, by 7pm. Yep, 7pm at the latest I will be out on my run.

I cracked open some chocolate.

And then the phone rang. It was my sister, surprisingly enough.
"What are you up to right tonight?" She asked.
I sighed and confessed: "I'm sitting on the couch eating chocolate and trying to motivate myself to go for a run."
"Oh, because I was just calling to see if you wanted to join me for a run. I thought you'd be busy, but I really wanted to run with you so phoned on a whim."

Cha-ching!

And out we went.

2 comments: