Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Stitch Came Back, The Very Next Day...

The Stitch came back!
I'd hoped it was a gonner but
The Stitch came back.
It just couldn't stay away...

My little pup Brizzy can no longer use the excuse as being a puppy to avoid running with me...or is that the other way around?
I finally came to the decision that I could safely start taking him for runs with me without risk to injury...so long as I approached it gently!
And what better day than on a morning where I woke up...and could still feel That Darn Stitch.

Off we went for a very easy jog. I kept the pace below Stitch-level, which was quite slow. We did 2x 10 minutes with a 1 minute walking break in the middle. He did really well.
There was a bit of leash yanking when he saw rabbits, and towards the end where he felt that sniff was more exciting than keeping up with me.
There was a bit of shoelace chomping and leg jumping at the beginning when he felt this was a great game of chase he could play and - Tag! I was "It"!
But for the most part, he kept up just fine. Maybe he will be a great running companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment