Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Of Friends and Dogs

I met up with a high school friend (whom I don't believe I've actually seen since High School, but thanks to social media we'd kept in touch). We thought, what better way to catch up than over a run? Because isn't that what most people think, after all?

I took my dog, which was a great excuse to not push too hard. We met at Eau Claire - familiar ground for me now! - and did a pretty little 5.5k(ish) loop around the river over some bridges.
The goal was 5min run, 5min walk all along. This had the double benefit of giving Brizzy the chance to sniff and my friend and I more chance to hang out. Although who were we kidding? We weren't going to let a run stop us from talking! There is a different purpose to a training run vs a social run, and this was definitely of the latter variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment