Monday, September 14, 2015

Just A Little Bit More

I went for a "5k tempo" run the other day. I was feeling a bit time crunched so I told myself I'd just go for 4k. But somehow I got out there with the group and felt the groove of the run set over me. I told myself...just a little bit more.
I ended up doing the full 5.5k loop.
The downside was coming home and getting a rather unfortunate asthma attack (if coughing incessantly classifies as an asthma attack), of which the after-effects lingered well after.
I guess sometimes it's great to do that little bit more. Other times, it's important to be realistic with your body and take it easy to avoid suffering the consequences of your over-exuberance. It is a balance that I'm still learning! The big take-home message for me is: girl, you gotta get out and do some more running!!! The will power to run frequently faces off with my will power to be lazy. This year, it appears that Lazy has been much better fed. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment