Thursday, July 21, 2016

Living the Longer Life

I face a dilemma this week. But first, let me set the stage: From Monday to Thursday I get up at 5.45am with my husband and walk the dog while he leaves for work. I dislike the early starts, but it’s nice to get the dog out and sometimes I even take the little pest for a run. But this week my husband is not working, so now the dilemma: enjoy the deliciousness of sleeping in until 7am, or enjoy the novelty of running without the little rugrat dragging along beside me?
Today I forced myself out of bed to get a solid 30-min run in. It was a lot like my last dog-free run: short, sweet, and easy peasy. But while I may be slower than a slug crawling through honey, at least I have the joy of knowing I am living longer! Not that it’s a motivation or an inspiration to get me out of bed, but it’s an entertaining thought if nothing else.

As I get back to running (slowly) I’m starting to think towards the Future. There’s a 10k race coming up in September. And next year…next year my sister sent me a little earworm. Full triathlon? Which put that little niggle back in my head…when am I going to draw up the courage to get to the elusive, the inspiring, the powerful full marathon. It’s a delightful tickle in my mind, but with one big caveat: where, oh where, am I going to find amazing running/training buddies to help me along that journey? And no, Brizzy is not up for that task! I’d need to adopt a border collie or similar for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment