Monday, July 11, 2016

Simply Short

I've come to appreciate that I like to dedicate 1 hour to a run + 30minutes for post-run necessities (shower, food, etc.). This doesn't mean I actually run for an hour. This means I like at least an hour for warm-up, cool down, walking breaks, etc.
I realized that this morning when I got up. I had been planning to go for a run, and then I looked at how much time I had before Russell and I had to leave for another engagement...1 hour and 15 minutes. So if I needed the full 30minutes for post-run necessities, that left 45 minutes for the actual run.
Hmm, I told myself. That's not a lot of time. And then I told myself, don't be silly! Just go out and do something short.
So I got myself and the dog up and ready and off we went. I admit, it was a bit disappointing. I allotted myself 20 minutes of running time. Then there's warm-up, cool-down, dog-poop-pick-up, and dog-being-bratty time added onto the list. We made the 20 minutes. It wasn't fast, it wasn't a tough work-out. I didn't have any real sense of I DID IT. But some days, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Mmmh...cookies! Time for some cookie dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment