Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mmh, Spinach

The "running" theory from my fellow runners is that maybe I'm low on iron. I can't think of any other reason for my lack of energy, so I'm loading up on spinach and such for the next couple of weeks to see what happens.
Friday - Interval runs. These intervals were short (less than 1k) followed by a 1-2min break. We did this on across an 8k loop. I was slower than slow and struggled to maintain any pace above the warm-up jog. It was not as cold as I had thought it would be, which was a pleasant surprise. I also continued with doing some yoga and weight exercises and helped a friend move - always good exercise, that.
Saturday - I skipped my run again. Awful of me, I know! I was getting bad twinges in my quads last night and decided to take another rest day from running. I'll still do yoga and a few weights but otherwise plan to have a slack day filled with spinach and other iron-rich foods. If I start turning green, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment