Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Heat

I joined a women's beginner group run this morning with the squad. It will be my first and last run with the group...not because it was terrible, but because I start full-time work next week (siiigh) and my fantastic Mondays off will soon be a distant memory.
It started at 9am, which was weird to sleep in. And it was HOT today! Oof, was it hot! After months of running in bitter cold, today was a shock to the system.
We ran a 7.5k loop with intervals of about 1km. After a weekend of eating yummy cookies, I wasn't at my fastest or my best. But I had the bizarre sensation of being the fastest in the group. I've been one of the faster ones before (on the rare occasion) but never the fastest. I'm not really sure I like it. I'm always more motivated when I'm trying to catch up with that person who's just a little bit faster than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment