Thursday, August 18, 2011

Six Street Lights

I sadly forgot my music again, but running in a new area piqued my interest enough to let it go. Intervals today. I picked a street near the residence I’m staying and ran down equivalent to 6 street lights and back. ‘Wow’, you’re thinking. ‘Six street lights! Don’t go overdoing it!’ But here the street lights are few and far between.
Round 1: I had a stopwatch hiccup and didn’t measure this one.
Round 2: 6.58min
Round 3: 6.56min
Round 4: 7.00min
Round 5: 6.55min
I was pretty proud of those times. I was sure I had done fantastically! And then I measured the distance. A little over 1200m. That’s a pace of 5.50min/km (I think. Always double check the math against me!). I mean, it’s not bad but it’s not great, you know? If my goal for a half marathon is a 5.41min/km pace I would ideally like to be going faster than that for a short little 1km interval! I guess it’s just tougher when I don’t have others with me spurring me on.
On the bright side, my knee had only mild aches at the last few hundred metres of my final rep. It’s almost all better now. Silly ITB band. I’ve been giving it lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment