Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Solo intervals

Yesterday (Tuesday) marked the first day I have ever done solo intervals! Go me! I was rather nervous running by myself at 6am in a strange place. Would there be any country dogs on the loose? Would there be anyone else up at that time? Was I insane to run intervals up and down the street?
Well, insane or not, I did it. I clocked the distance at just over 1.2km total (600m each way). The way out was slightly downhill and the way back slightly uphill. I took a 2 min recovery at the top and managed 5 intervals in the hour. The following denotes split times.
Lap 1: 3.08/6.21
Lap 2: 3.11/7.05
Lap 3: 3.08/7.00
Lap 4: 3.10/7.14 (although I did have to stop for a car on my way back)
Lap 5: 3.14/6.58

Hmm, it appears that I all but flew on my first lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment