Thursday, September 15, 2011

Indecision

I can’t say I sprang out of bed this morning, but at least I did get up! It was another day where I couldn’t decide what to do for training. But the cold decided for me. Cold makes my muscles sluggish, so I might as well do hills to get my heart pumping. I did an interval to Hospital Hill and ran up four times. The bootcamp group was back again. They only ran 1/4 of the distance I did up that hill…but they also ran down. I, lazy creature, walked down the steep part of the hill and only ran the bottom half.
Round 1: 3.37 (woohoo! Personal best!!)
Round 2: 3.40
Round 3: 3.55
Round 4: 3.50
Yes, I see the big fat gap of time between #2 & #3, but I’m happy I didn’t get over 4 minutes on any of them! I could feel those quad muscles working, too. I briefly considered a 5th round, but decided instead to do an interval run home (rather than a recovery). Sure, it wasn’t the fastest of intervals. But it definitely wasn’t a recovery jog, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment