Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mixed Terrain

It astounds me how slack I really am. Sunday I skipped the fantastic Bridge2Brisbane race because I was worried about recovery after the 22k hill run of Saturday (I was fine and consequently bummed that I missed out). Monday I also skipped. Just because. Tuesday I woke up early for a run…and promptly reset my alarm to sleep in instead.
Finally today I did get out of bed for a run. And can you believe it? When I went outside I could see my breath!!! For nearly 3 years (since living in Aus) it has not been cold enough to see my breath. Except today! I was pretty stoked. And cold too, for that matter.
I couldn’t really decide on what I wanted to do today: intervals, sprints, or hills? So I decided to do all three. I did a 10min interval run out to Hospital Hill. A slow 10min interval run, that is. I probably could have gone faster but if I normally run like molasses, today was like molasses in January! It took me a while to warm up. I then ran up the hill, but only twice.
Round 1: 3.41
Round 2: 3.45
I did sprint reps on the way home, with a ratio of 3:1 for sprints. I probably should have kicked it up a notch and done one more hill, seeing as how it is only 3.5 weeks to Melbourne. What can I say...slack!

No comments:

Post a Comment