Monday, September 5, 2011

Social run and such

Sunday I went for a social run with two fantastic friends, and they brought along a 3rd person to make a quad group. I don't do enough social runs! They are super fun and easy going. For this run we went on a lovely 7.5k loop around the river, which is my favourite route.

Today I made the mistake of getting up almost an hour earlier than I needed to (I'm so used to getting up at group training times!). It was a beautiful morning albeit a bit cold. I ran 3x 10min intervals. I'm not sure how far I went but am happy to say I went farther each time. I've come to realize that I'm not so much improving with my solo training as "maintaining". Sort of. 5 weeks to go until Melbourne Half Marathon! I can't believe this will be my third half marathon of the year.

...And I've decided to do one final race of the season. A 500k team relay in November. I know I said Melbourne was it...but 500k team relay! How could I resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment