Thursday, September 8, 2011

One more time!

I have only ever had the time (and energy) to run up Hospital Hill 4x in a session. Today I made it my goal to run up a 5th time…even if that 5th time was more of a walk! So I set my alarm clock early and proceeded to waste my morning because I had “so much extra time”. Still, I made it out on the early side.

Round 1: 4.43min.
Round 2: 3.48min.
Round 3: 3.47min
Round 4: 4.02min
Round 5: 4.12min

I was rather stunned about round 1 until I realized I had started my time a block earlier than I normally do. The other 4 rounds I started at my usual place. I mean, why run that extra block when I don’t have to, eh? I realize you can see a pretty significant downward spiral at the end, but by round 3 I was on the edge of throwing up so I’m impressed I kept going at all. I told myself if I did 5 rounds today I would warrant a rest day tomorrow, which doubled my motivation. Walking back down the hill helps me recover and is also a practical trick: My leg muscles are simply shaking too much to coordinate a downhill jog. My training session today ended up totalling over 75min, which is longer than usual. Rest day tomorrow and then a scary attempt at an extra extra long distance on Saturday! Fingers crossed I make it all the way…

No comments:

Post a Comment