Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Bonus Poop Lap*

Sprints today. It wasn’t meant to be a running day but I woke up early and had the energy, so why not? I did 10 x 1min running with a 1min walking break between. The pup – at first reluctant to join me – was ecstatic when he realized he was going to be off-leash. There are only two times he likes to run with me: when I’m throwing a ball, or when he’s off-leash. The latter isn’t even a guarantee of enjoyment from him. But there were a couple of cats to chase this morning and he was in his glory.
I admit, when I run with Brizzy I’m not the best poop-picker-upper. I make note of where he goes and then collect it once I’m done. Today, I miscalculated where I was in the park relative to where he’d done his duty. So I added in one extra sprint (totaling 11) to go pick up that poop before returning home.
I worked as hard as I could work when not motivated by other runners running with me or an impending race to worry about. I may not be as fast as Elaine Thompson**, but I can be the fastest woman in the dog park on a Tuesday morning!

*Yes. I did just use the word 'poop' in the title of my blog. I never promised it would be classy writing!
**2016 Olympic Champion in 100m, for those not as Olympic obsessed as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment