Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Reunion

Sunday was a big running reunion for me. I went back to the Eau Claire Running Room for the Sunday long run. Fortunately, two of my good friends were there and we got to run together. Sooo much fun! 12k was not nearly long enough to catch up on all that had happened the last while. But it was more than long enough for my poor, unfit body. At around 7 or 8k my legs started to really twinge around the knee. We were near the starting point and I was tempted to turn around then and there and walk back. But no way could I leave that conversation!

Love these girls! Talking to them, it felt like I'd never left!

So on I ran.
This is why I love running groups…or just running with fit friends! Had I been on my own I would have given up at the first twinge near my knee. I would have run slower. I would have likely walked up the big hill we climbed.
But when you’re surrounded by awesome runners and having a great conversation, the joy just carries you along. So along I was carried. 12k is such a nice distance. It’s long enough you feel it (especially when you’re like me and lost your distance fitness!) but short enough that it doesn’t feel like you’re morning has disappeared when you’re finished.
Everyone kept encouraging me to start a running group up here. There are people who run in groups…but I haven’t found a dedicated running group. I’m too lazy and uncommitted to start one…I just want to join one!

No comments:

Post a Comment