Sunday, August 14, 2016

Of Steadiness, Stags, and Sleep

I had a successful 60min steady run today. The fact that I meant to make it a tempo run and didn't have the energy/ fitness/ motivation/ insert-excuse-here doesn't really matter. I ran a solid hour at a decent (read: slow) pace. I had meant to use my fancy GPS watch to help me set a pace, but apparently it's still packed somewhere, so I'll wait on that for a few more weeks.
I ran past a group of young teenage boys doing teenage boy things smashing large rocks into the ground to see if they could break them apart. As young teenage boys do at 8am on a Saturday.
I ran into a lovely park and saw a beautiful stag with a huge velvety rack that was likely making the other stags in the forest envious. He watched me cautiously before resuming his meal, so I paused to enjoy his beauty for a bit. But I was still 20min from home so I didn't linger too long.

Not the most successful run I was aiming for, but anything is an accomplishment these days. I feel that every time I am planning to not run in the morning I wake up before 6am bright eyed and energized and it's like...










I'm awake!


                                                         Time to run and play!


...and every time I plan to go for a morning run I feel a bit more like...
Mmmph. Eh? What? Run? No thanks, I'll sleep. I'm sure it's raining anyways...


No comments:

Post a Comment