Sunday, August 21, 2016

Priceless

Stress can be a powerful tool in running! There is an event in my life right now that is highly stressful for me. An event I've chosen to NOT disclose on the privacy of this blog [insert sarcasm font].
I went for a run this morning to clear my head. I planned to do an 80min slow run, with walking breaks. I ran out 40min without stopping. And in that 40min I felt strong, powerful, and fast.
Boo-yeah! I told myself, I am killing it! This whole stress-thing makes running SUPER EASY.
...And then I turned around after 40 min...
...and realized I'd been running slightly downhill the whole way.

Okay, maybe the downhill had more to do with the speed and power and ease than anything else. I turned around and ran back home. I did think about stopping, but didn't. I instead powered home at a slightly slower pace of 44min. I opted to run that 1 extra minute to even things out.

Total time: 85min
Total distance: ?around 13km
Total effort: excellent

Results; much clearer head, much calmer mind. Well worth it!

There will be many more days of stress to come in my life, and the benefits of running are priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you are making lemonade out of some bitter lemons in your life.

    ReplyDelete