Friday, August 5, 2016

Reluctant but Running

I did not want to run when I got up yesterday morning. And Brizzy made it very clear to me that neither did he! It started at the front door, when he dug in his heels upon getting outside and glared at me as if to say, “don’t you dare make me run, Mom!”
We went to the park across the street. Off went the leash and I started my run. Since I really didn’t want to run, I did 1:1min of ‘sprints’ and recovery 10 times each, for a total of 20 minutes. Not much, but something, at least.
Every time I ran past the park entrance Brizzy bolted ahead and stood at the entrance, giving me his most pathetic/mournful doggy stare he could manage. As I ran past the entrance he waited for a good 30 seconds before reluctantly loping alongside me once again. I could sympathize! I didn’t want to be there either. But forcing us both to do some exercise is a good thing. I remember back to the day when I was running 4 hours a week! Now I’m getting in 20 minutes…still, I guess it’s something.
On a side note, I’ve joined the local triathlon club! The running clubs are in short supply up in Fort Mac, so I’m starting with the next best thing. My first swim was on Tuesday. Here’s hoping for some group runs with people (and not just a woebegone pup) in my near future!

1 comment:

  1. Too bad there are not races for dogs and their owners! There could even be a prize for the most reluctant pup!

    ReplyDelete