Saturday, March 3, 2018

Hospital Hill

After hearing so much about the notorious "Hospital Hill" that our group runs at I was...a bit disappointed!
I love hills. That's not sarcastic, either. I. LOVE. HILLS.
They remain one of my favourite workouts, because they are short and punchy!
We met at the bottom of the notorious Hospital Hill, and did a 1k warm-up loop. The hill was a decent distance, but much less steep than the hills I would typically challenge myself on.
The truly unfortunate part was how icy it was, which made it treacherous to go too fast. Running uphill, there were definite moments where I had to slow down a bit to be sure of my footing, and when I went back downhill I definitely walked those sections.
Maybe the hill will seem more challenging when the sidewalks are clear and I can really push the pace.
Or maybe I'm a weirdo about hill training...even among runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment